A whole lot of capsicum: whatever colour you want.
Salt & pepper
Red wine vinegar (optional)
- Wash capsicum and place on an oven tray with about a half to one centimetre of water in bottom.
- Place in hot oven and cook until capsicum starts to blacken.
- Take out of oven and place in a bowl which you can seal with a lid. (Alternatively you can place them in a plastic bag according to Jan, but I don't quite understand this one if the capsicum are hot.) Keep sealed until cool.
- Take capsicum out and peel off the outer skin and break into large strips.
- Place the capsicum, and liquor from pan into a bowl with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. (You can add some vinegar if you want.)
- Seal container and serve as part of antipasto or with bread.
Jan does a great continuation of this recipe where she lines a bowl with the capsicum. She then makes a mixture of ricotta, parmesan, eggs and herbs and pours this into the bowl and covers the top with capsicum. She then bakes this for about a half hour and serves with salad.