Thursday, January 27, 2011

Holidays and their endings.. Red fruit in Tassie.

I didn't realise at the time, but it would almost be a week before I had another 'great' food experience. And this was in the form of cherries... fresh red cherries from my father-in-law's tree/bush.


I have never eaten cherries so fresh, and it was quite a different experience. Not enough to cook with, and who would??? Only when you have excess.. then you can try something like.... 'Summer Pudding'... below. But these were of course raspberries, not cherries.
Now, I'm not a big fan of summer pudding... mainly because you end up eating berry soaked soggy bread, and mine was no different. Next time I will use Pannetone...... but oh doesn't it look fab.

My one last positive food experience in Tassie, was 'The Taste of Tasmania'... a 4 day event where local restaurants and suppliers sell small plates of food. I wanted desperately to try the Tempura Mushrooms, but couldn't face the massive line-up.. and in the end settled for Paella, and a delicious chocolate raspberry dessert. The Paella was good, especially the mussels (I'm not a mussel fan) but not as good as mine.