125 gm wholemeal flour
125 gm plain flour
60ml extra virgin olive oil
60 gm unsalted butter
small amount of iced water with lime or lemon juice
4 X medium sized zucchini
1/2 onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves finely chopped
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup cooked brown rice (optional)
1/2 cup grated mature cheddar
1/4 cup finely grated parmesan
butter for greasing quiche tin
- Butter quiche tin.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Combine flours with salt.
- Rub butter and oil into flour and pull together with water.
- Place in fridge.
- Pour 3 tbs olive oil into large frying pan and saute onion and garlic until soft.
- Add zucchini and continue to saute until soft and a little brown. Allow to cool.
- Beat eggs.
- Add zucchini (rice if using) and cheeses to egg, leaving a table spoon of grated parmesan aside.
- Cut two thirds of dough and roll thin. (You may need to place it between plastic sheets to roll out.
- Lay pastry over buttered quiche tin, and trip edges.
- Pour filling onto pastry.
- Roll out remaining pastry with any left over bits. Try and roll it out so it is a rectangular shape.
- Cut strips with a serrated cutter.
- Layer pastry strips over filling in a lattice design.
- Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Place in oven for around 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.