Monday, April 8, 2013

Kalo Prama, Greek Cypriot Lemon Semolina Cake

I get wonderfully inspired by good cooking shows, and one a few weeks ago on SBS Food Safari about Australian Cypriot food got me cooking a whole, whole lot of new dishes including Flaounes for Easter,  lamb Kleftiko in our pizza oven and this beautiful lemon semolina cake called Kalo Prama.

I used the recipe on the SBS website, and my only advice is to use a larger tin than they suggest and do not use too much mastic as it is very strong.  I also used lime juice rather than lemons because we have soooo many limes.





The only food I have not been able to make but which I would love to is Loukaniko, Cypriot pork sausages.. the only thing holding me back is the fact that I would have to buy $100+ of caul that I would never use in a lifetime.