Wednesday, July 6, 2011

It's been a while...

... since last I posted on this blog. I'm no longer doing the weekly ABC food chats, and that's a story in itself, but it means the discipline of writing on my blog every week has somewhat dissipated.  This does not mean that I am not constantly thinking of food and recipes and sharing my love of food, but I'm not just  writing here.. but that is about to change.  Big news of course, is my award winning Turkish Delight at the Alice Springs Show.  Without wanting to sound like I'm boasting, it was a good one... as it should have been, as I had been forced to turf a double batch the night before that I'd made to sell at the beanie festival.
Second prize for my orange cake... I knew it wasn't my best effort, and possible a tad under-cooked, but very yummy and pleased with the presentation.
What else have I been cooking?  Carrot Halawa. Pistachio Barfi... Pumpkin, date and coconut cake... raspberry macarons... tangelo and camomile cupcakes.. And lovely winter meals of pea and ham soup, stew with dumplings, cauliflower cheese, corned beef and vegetables etc.....
My garden is flourishing, shame we're not into salads in the middle of winter.  Right now, it's the middle of school holidays and I'm looking to have cakes on hand at all times for my visitors.  Currently seeking out a lemon poppy seed cake with syrup.