Friday, February 24, 2012

Gifts of Food.. continued..

I recently wanted to thank a friend, and her family for a very big favour.  But this friend was on a diet, as well as having an alcohol free month and my kitchen is still out of action, so I pondered what to give her.
I recalled a gift someone had given me in Yuendumu several years ago and it looked something like this:
And so I had a lovely time, buying all varieties of fruit I could lay my hands on, including: plums, nectarines, peaches, rockmelons, pears, strawberries, tangerines, grapes, passionfruit, lychees,  strawberries, tangerines, mandarins and longans...arranging them in  a box with a bit of cellophane, and the odd chocolate tucked underneath a bit of fruit for the kids.
Feedback was positive, and the only fruit the family rejected were... the longans.
A couple of tips: make sure all colours and shapes are covered, early February is a great time to do this due to the mass quantity of stone and tropical fruit available.