This is a new favourite of mine which I've been working for at least the last 12 months. A couple of tips.. only cook this if you have good (preferably organic) broccoli and the real deal Orecchiette (little ears or ear lobes), or you make your own.
150- 250 gms Orecchiette (ear lobe pasta)
Broccoli (around 350 to 500 gms)
2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
Anchovies (small tin, roughly chopped)
2-3 tablespoons Olive Oil (Extra Virgin)
Parsley (flat leaf)
Parmesan to serve
- Bring salted to water to boil in large pot and add orecchiette.
- The next step depends on how you like to eat your pasta (al dente) and you like to eat your broccoli. Basically you add the broccoli just at the end of cooking your pasta. They both need to be cooked to your taste at the same time.
- At the same time.....
- Heat 2- 3 tablespoons of Olive Oil in large pan or pot on a low heat.
- Add crushed garlic (2-3 cloves) and anchovies and continue to cook over low heat.
- Add chopped chillies.
- When pasta and broccoli are cooked add to pan, with black pepper and roughly chopped parsley.
- Serve with parmesan.
For those with fussy children who refuse to eat wonderful things such as chillis or anchovies.. take a portion size out of the boiled pasta/broccoli and add butter, and serve with parmesan. This seems to do the trick